Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

8.0(3) Phone Load Update Fails

Callmanager 4.1(3)SR2

Copied 8.0(3) phone load individual files to all Callmanager TFTP directories and restarted the TFTP services. Specified the phone load on test 7941s without the .load extension. Reboot the phone though though it fails to update to the new load and recieve "load authentication failed" within the phone status messages.

4 REPLIES

Re: 8.0(3) Phone Load Update Fails

It sounds like you might have downloaded corrupt files. I would rerun your download. Keep in mind that ALL phone loads from Cisco are now "signed" loads and if it fails the authentication step, your CCM won't load the new image:

(from the ReadMe file....)

Image Authentication Support

Cisco provides image authentication with its various IP phone protocols. Image authentication allows the phone to detect if the image has been tampered with before it is programmed into the phone. If the image fails the authentication process then the phone will reject the image. Image authentication occurs through signed files. All Cisco 7941G and 7961G IP Phone loads are signed and can only be upgraded or downgraded to other signed releases.

The 8.0(3) firmware uses signed (authenticated) files. This step improves IP phone security on the Cisco IP Phone model 7941G and 7961G.

I would also check to make sure you have the NEW images loaded on ALL your CCMs that act as a TFTP. I would think it is most likely that you got a "bum" SW image. Also remember to look through the ReadMe file carefully as well

Good luck!

I downloaded another copy of the 8.0(3) phone loads, copied them all to the TFTP servers, renamed TERM41.DEFAULT.LOAD to TERM41.8-0-3.LOAD, set an individual 7941 to TERM41.8-0-3 (leaving off the .load as per docs) and rebooted the phone. I still get a status message "Load Authentication Failed TERM41.8-0-3". I must be missing something here...

Problem solved. The manual process doesn't work at all. I ran the executable on the servers and it worked fine. Phone loads did not match those in the .zip file.

The names are different. I just ran into this a couple of days ago. The new phone load begins with SCCP instead of TERM, i.e. SCCP41.8-0-3S. I believe the end of the filename is a little different, too. That bit me when I was doing my upgrade.

Views
Helpful
Replies