cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8.2(1)S firmware upgrade

smcalli
Level 1
Level 1

My phones are running 8.2(1)S firmware and want to fix them up for the DST problem. What firmware version is recommended by Cisco or other techs?

4 Replies 4

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

Firmware version 8.2(1) has a fix for DST. The following link has information about what is the miniumum required Software version for DST fix.

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K33353530

Also, incase you would like to upgrade the firmware, I'd recommend upgrading to the latest version. You can download the latest version from:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ip-7900ser

Hope this helps

Your first link about 8.2(1)S states that it has a bug that if the phones are unpluged it looses the DST and you have to reset it in CM to fix it and they recommend upgraded to

8.2(1)ES5 or 8.2(2)

Which version do you recommend? Also does this apply to CM Express or just CM server.

Hi Steven,

Just to add a note to the great info from Mahesh :) 8.2(2) would be an excellent choice. This is what many people have successfully applied to combat the dreaded DST issues. 8.3(1) will also work.

For third generation phones in CME these are supported firmware verions as well.

Hope this helps!

Rob

i would agree that 8.2(2) is the right step. i actually just ran into a bug with 8.3(1)S with the berbee informacast application and had to revert to 8.2(2) on a callmanger 4.3 deployment.

FYI - the bug i ran into was when you press the services button and get the berbee menu, you cannot select any items from the list of recordings, the buttons are not responsive. you had to press the exit button, re-select the berbee service and then you could select the message you wanted to broadcast. The berbee people have a developer case open with cisco now but i am not sure when a fix will be out.

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: