Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

837 with LLQ configured will not seize the bandwidth

Hi

Sorry if this is the wrong forum. Could not see a specifically QoS one.

I have a query regarding implementing LLQ on an 837. I understand that the service policy out command has to be input on the int atm0 interface rather than the dialer interface. All the commands take. However, when a sh run is performed, then the service-policy command does not appear underneath the int atm0.

But the logs show this error:

I/f ATM0 VC 0/38 class voice-rtp requested bandwidth 200 (kbps), available only 0 (kbps)

Adding the bandwidth command under the int atm0, has been tried, but to no avail.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Rgds

Marc

4 REPLIES

Re: 837 with LLQ configured will not seize the bandwidth

Hi,

can you post your config and a "show atm pvc"?

Did you follow this guide: "QoS Solutions for PPPoE and DSL Environments"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk543/tk545/technologies_tech_note09186a00800b2d29.shtml

and does your config look similar to

policymap P2

class c1

priority Y

class c2

bandwidth X

interface ATM0/0/0.132 point-to-point

pvc 1/32

vbr-nrt 2000 2000

encapsulation aal5snap

protocol pppoe

service-policy output P2

The vbr bandwidth should be the available bandwidth for your policy. If you just use the "pvc" command the PVC type defaults to UBR, which has a bandwidth of 0 kbps. Maybe this causes the observed behaviour.

Regards, Martin

Thanks Martin. That is most helpful. Yes, I was not sure abut the UBR and VBR settings. We are using pppoa, i.e.

encapsulation aal5mux ppp dialer

So I was not sure about using the vbr-nrt command. Are the figures after that in kbps?

Rgds

Marc

Hi, the values are in kbps.

Regards, Martin

Silver

Should the output service-policy be applied under the PVC in a PPPoA configuration too, rather than the dialer?

Views
Helpful
Replies