cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9-911

hmccarthy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a customer where the employees manage to dial 911 at least twice a week. The police and fire departments have begun fining the company for crank phone calls.

I want to set up a route pattern/dial-peer that will not block 911 calls, but make it mandatory to dial 9-911 instead.

Currently, users dial 9 to get an outside line. I have a route pattern of 9.@ and a dial-peer for 9.T .

I am not sure way is the best way to go about doing this.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated

4 Replies 4

emlee
Level 1
Level 1

I don't use 9.@

My dial plans are as follows:

9.[2-9][02-9]XXXXX

9.[2-9]X[02-9]XXXX

9.1[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX

9.[469]11

9.011!

These route patterns eliminate having to wait for any "timeouts" before placing the call, except for int'l calls. As you can see, there is no way to dial "911" without a 9 before it. Too many users "stutter punch" 911, when they mean to dial 9, 1 then area code.

I've used these dial route patterns for well over a year now with no issues. I personally find these easier to manage than using route filters.

Great, thanks very much, I'm going to give it a shot now.

Thanks again!

h.

prattstephen
Level 1
Level 1

I also have the same problem. The call goes out through the VG200 and the VG200 mask the caller ID, so in my route list I choose for the call to go out my PRI/AGM first. By doing this the caller ID goes out with the call and 911 can call the person back. We like having the 911 and 9.911 because you can't anticipate what a panicky user might dial.

dburnett
Level 1
Level 1

Set up a route filter (named EMERGENCY) that says SERVICE == 911. Create a Route Pattern with these options: Route Pattern: 9.911, Partition , NANP, Route Filter -- EMERGENCY, Gateway , discard digits PREDOT (I use .T as my destination pattern for out bound calls).