Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

9.@ for Local calls only

How can I create a route filter that only matches local call patterns? These are 7 digit and 10 digit calls with our local area code. I've tried the LOCAL-AREA-CODE DOES-NOT-EXIST but that pattern & filter combination doesn't only match the 7 digit dial pattern but everything else as well.

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: 9.@ for Local calls only

I would do 1 9.@ route pattern with a route filter of local-aread-code does not exist. This will be for local 7 digit dial. Then have another 9.@ with a route filter of local-area-code = 919 or local-area-code = 984. To get the or you have to add a clause in the route filter screen. This should give you local 7 digit dial and all you to dial 10 digits for the areacodes you have specified.

Hope this helps,

-Mckee

Would it matter if I had a 9.@ pattern with a route filter that had local-area-code does-not-exists or local-area-code == 919 clauses. Shouldn't this work as well? I've tried this two clause route filter and it worked but the Local access users were now able to call anywhere they wanted including LD and international. If I replace this filtered 9.@ pattern and add the 9.XXXXXXX and 9.919XXXXXXX back in everything works. The only problem with these two patterns is that it gives wrong indication to the users when they attempt to dial a long distance number. When they dial a LD number (ex: 917042345678) the 9.XXXXXXX pattern matches and the first 7 digits they dialed gets dialed out of my PSTN gateway. I would like the users to get a reorder tone as they are dialing it so that the call doesn't even attempt to go out of my PSTN gateway.

Cisco Employee

You can try to do one route filter with local-area-code does not exist or local-area-code = 919 or local-area-code =984. I would also add service does not exist or long distance direct dial does not exist or international access does not exist. That should allow them to only dial the 7 digit and the 10 digit.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Well it did let them dial 7 digit and 10 digit but it broke something else.

What is the trick on having 9.@ and 9.XXXXXXX patterns in the same CSS. Which one is supposed to match the dialed 7 digits? Does the order of Partitions in the calling search space makes any difference?

In my system I have

9.@ - No Filter - InternationalPT

9.@ - Local Route Filter - LocalPT

9.XXXXXXX - No Filter - LocalPT

My Calling Search Spaces are

LocalCSS - LocalPT

UnrestrictedCSS - LocalPT,InternationalPT

The phones in the LocalCSS work fine just like I want them but the phones in UnrestrictedCSS can not dial the 7 digit numbers without waiting for the digit timeout. Any idea why?

Cisco Employee

The reason they have to wait is that you have no route filter on the 9.@ with international. You should add a filter that says international access exist. This will only allow that 9.@ to process international calls. Right now that route pattern will allow any calls that is why you are having to wait it is assuming 10 digit local calls.

Hope this helps,

-Mckee

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content