cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

911 Calls

abbas.ali
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any easy way to find out if some one made 911 calls by mistake. One of the users keep dialing 911 (I don't know why), and I need to track him/her down. CDR is currently not enabled, and the only way to track it through CCM Trace. There are so many logs that it will be a tedious process.

Is there any easy trick?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

ciscogini
Level 4
Level 4

belive me enable CDR it will make your life easier.

p.s rate it if ti helps

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Erm... turn on CDR?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

king-michael
Level 4
Level 4

Pick up the book "CallManager Best Practices". There is a chapter in there on "Call Detail Records". In that chapter it shows how to search the SQL Database. Search for "911" for the "called number". It's pretty easy and straight forward.

Also, just about every installation I've done the customer has ended up complaining about "911" calls. If you are having problems with this, I suggest taking out the "911" route pattern and forcing users to dial "9911". Also, make sure that the long distance route pattern is "91[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX" instead of "91XXXXXXXXXX". This will practically eliminate the "911" problem which is inherent to users fat fingering a long distance number.

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: