Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9951 phones disconnect problem

i'm impleminting new project that contains 6941 & 9951 phones.

i have aproblem only in  9951 phones when i call any outside number(national or international or mobile) it disconnect the call directly after the destination reply to the call.

this problem only in 9951 phones, but 6941 phones is working well for incoming and outgoing  calls.

Kindly fined exactly what I did:

• All network telephones (except 9951 sip phone) are working well with codec g729br8 incoming and outgoing calls 
  • 9951 sip phone : incoming well , but outgoing calls: the call disconnect immediately when the destination number reply to the calls
  • I searched about the 9951 sip phone supported codecs and fined that it’s not supporting codec g729br8 
  • I changed the codec from codec g729br8 many but it make all network ip phones when making outgoing calls it gives me wrong tone and doesn’t allow me to make a call and immediately give me wrong tone
  • I tried many codecs and configured the transcoder but also it gives me wrong tone 
  • I returned back to codec g729br8 ( that not supported by 9951 sip phone) and still the disconnect problem in 9951 phone 
  • I make many debug commands and all leads me that I’m using the wrong codec 
  • The attached files are debugs of both 9951 sip phone and another 6941 phone (two phones : sccp sending its ip and its codec g729br8 ,,, the other 9951 phone doesn’t send its ip and the codec used)
5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mohamed,

Does the call go out through a gateway ( MGCP / h323 ) or a SIP trunk / cube ?

Can you provide the debugs for a good call involving 6941 and a bad call involving 9951 ?

I have seen some cases recently where you need to add "bearer-cap speech" command under the voice port to make the calls work for 9951 phones.

Please try and let us know if it helps.

Manish

Kindly fined exactly what I did:

• All network telephones (except 9951 sip phone) are working well with codec g729br8 incoming and outgoing calls
  • 9951 sip phone : incoming well , but outgoing calls: the call disconnect immediately when the destination number reply to the calls
  • I searched about the 9951 sip phone supported codecs and fined that it’s not supporting codec g729br8
  • I changed the codec from codec g729br8 many but it make all network ip phones when making outgoing calls it gives me wrong tone and doesn’t allow me to make a call and immediately give me wrong tone
  • I tried many codecs and configured the transcoder but also it gives me wrong tone
  • I returned back to codec g729br8 ( that not supported by 9951 sip phone) and still the disconnect problem in 9951 phone
  • I make many debug commands and all leads me that I’m using the wrong codec

•   The attached files are debugs of both 9951 sip phone and another 6941 phone (two phones : sccp sending its ip and its codec g729br8 ,,, the other 9951 phone doesn’t send its ip and the codec used)

the debug :

http://www.mediafire.com/download/v8b565fk57scvrh/9951_prob.rar

I can't download the debugs from the link for some reason. Can you attch them to the post itself.

Manish

hello Manish,

thank you for your support, i have updated this ticket with the debug files

The debug ccsip message are filtered and the noticeable diff is what you pointed out , for 9971 it shows no codec. What is the region setting between 9971 and the SIP trunk , also between 6941 and the SIP trunk. Can you share the running config and complete 'debug ccsip messages' for the test calls, as the details provided are incomplete to suggest anything. Have you tried making an out bound call through 9971 after disabling video capabilities on the phone?

Manish