Helpful
Replies

A Basic Voip query

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hello there

My company is into carrier business..

We r sending the voip traffic from our office thro a H323 Gateway(Non-Cisco) to a Cisco Gateway in our co-location facility.From there the call goes to our Telecom switch which has the LCR built in to do the call routing to different destinations.The H323 gateway is connected to the Cisco GW thro a point to point ip link and the Cisco Gateway is connected to the telecom switch thro a E1 link.We hv configured a POTs dial peer on the Cisco Gateway for receiving the calls from the H323 GW.Now instead of sending it to the telecom switch thro the POTs dial peer port we would like to send the voice traffic from the Cisco Gateway(after the Cisco GW receives the traffic from H323 Gw) to another Cisco GW in a different location.The Cisco Gw2 is connected by p2p link to Cisco GW!

H323>>>>>>>>>>>CiscoGW1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CiscoGW2

|

|POTS dialpeer

|

Telecom switch

So what is the configuration I need to do on my first Cisco GW to make this possible?

Thanx in advance

ss

1 Reply 1

ryan.hicks
Level 1
Level 1

You must create a voip dial-peer on Cisco GW and add a destination route pattern to it.

Cisco GW

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-pattern 555....

session target 192.168.1.2

Cisco GW2

Router(config-if)# ip address 192.168.1.2 (mask)

h323-gateway voip interface

now you must decide where to send calls that come into this gateway

(if pots...)

dial-peer 2 voice pots

destination-pattern 555T

port 1/1/0

!

(if VOIP...)

dial-peer voice 999 voip

destination-pattern 555T

session target (ip address for dialed digits to be sent)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: