Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

A detailed Report?

We are having issues with a receptionist tranfering calls directly to a users voice mail box. She says is dialing the voice mail pilot number, waiting for an answer, then dialing the ext plus #2. However randomly the unity will tell her that she dialed an invalid extention. But she claims that she has not. The set-up here is we have a Cisco Call Manager that is hooked up to a NEC phone system through a T-1, and the receptionist is on the NEC system. Is there a report we can run that will determine what the unity is hearing when she has a failed call? <br><br>Also on another note (maybe related) the unity is acting real slow. When I am listening to a message then dial 3 it takes about 3 seconds for it to come back with the prompt that it is deleting the message.<br><br>Thanks<br><br>

2 REPLIES
Gold

Re: A detailed Report?

You can run a CCM trace on the CallManager to see which digits she is pressing. It's not going to tell you in plain text but you should be able to figure it out.

Is this only happening for the deleting of messages? Check out:
http://avforums.isomedia.com/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=unityent&Number=1036&Search=true&Forum=All_Forums&Words=deleting delay&Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=1036

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Anonymous
N/A

Re: A detailed Report?

There are some conversation traces you can turn on that will spit out the digits entered, but I suspect strongly that it's an issue of #2 not being hit quickly. If there is more than 250 ms between the # and the 2 they will be trated as seperate events. I've run down a couple of these where folks don't understand that (they think we're not "hearing" one or the other and are slowly and deliberately pressing both). Trace #10 (Call Progress) for the "Conv Phone Handler" module should log the digits entered during a conversation... it's not real easy to read through, however.

As for the slowness on delete, do you have your class of service setup to copy deleted messages to the deleted items folder? If so, try unchecking this option and doing another test. I suspect it'll sound much faster. We have to wait until Exchange has copied the message to the folder before moving on so if it's a large message, it'll be a delay of a few seconds depending...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content