Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

A question about QSIG and Voice over ATM on CISCO 26/3600 serial router

We have offices in city A and city B. Citys are connected with ATM line. Now we are going to use this ATM connection to transfer voice. Now we have 2 PBX at both offices and use E-1 lines from PBX to router. I know on the router we should use a ATM card and a E-1 card, but if I am going to use QSIG in the system, can I use 2600 serial? Because 2600 serial do not support Voice over ATM, do I have to user 2 3600 router?

Which kind of card/modula should I use?

Pleasr help me and kindly reply me through e-mail: conty@it-r.net

Many thanks!

2 REPLIES

Re: A question about QSIG and Voice over ATM on CISCO 26/3600 se

I’d suggest having someone from the Cisco design team take a look at this, but I think you’ll need another 3600 in this scenario.

Re: A question about QSIG and Voice over ATM on CISCO 26/3600 se

It's not a matter of 2600 supporting Voice over ATM, 'cause obviously your not using VoATM. If you're fronting the ATM switch with a router than you're planning to run VoIP (not VoATM). So yes, to answer your question, you do need a AIP card (ATM Interface Processor) for the 3600 series router. Cisco has one port OC-3 ATM cards for 3600 routers.

Model # NM-1A-OC3MM, use multi mode fiber cable.

Views
Helpful
Replies