Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question about #

My customer has a special requirement, they need to call a number which contains #, how can I avoid the ccm terminate the call after accept the #? MGCP/H323 will make difference? As we know usually # is a termination sign. Thanks.

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: A question about #

Interesting question !!!!

You can add # as a digit in the route pattern. Say, you add a route pattern 9214#XXXX. Now when users dial, 9214# Callmanager will wait for additional digits and does not consider # as a termination sign, since it matches this pattern and knows that there are more digits to follow. So this will work.

However, please be aware that this could lead to inter-digit timeout issues if the patterns with the # overlaps with your regular route patterns.

Taking the same example, say if you have another pattern 9214, and the user dial 9214 with a # to terminate the interdigit timer, then Callmanager would start to match it with the 9214#XXXX and the call would fail since CCM does not receive any more digits. Make sure you design your dial plan carefully when doing this.

Regards,

Anup

Good point and it works.Now extend my question to the following scenario. IP phone user call 91234#1#2 and the call send to a FXO port to reach a third party device which can read the 1234#1#2 for its application. Now my question is will CCM strip the # when sends to FXO. the reason I am asking this is I see on CCM service CCM will strip the #. Here is the descrption:

Strip # Sign From Called Party Number : This parameter enables the stripping of # sign digits from the called party IE for the inbound, outbound Q.931, and H.225 SETUP messages.

This is a required field.

Default: true.

My case is MGCP. Maybe it is not applied on MGCP?

Thanks

Silver

You are right. This does not apply to MGCP.

When using H323 and the Service Parameter is set to True, Callmanager would strip the trailing #. You can make it to work using H323, by setting the Service parameter to False.

Also keep in mind not to use any of the Discard Digit instructions with the Trailing#.

Regards,

Anup

Silver

Also, to change the end of digit terminator to something other than #, use the global config command dial-peer terminator ? (do ? to see options, and pick some other character you can live without). I recently ran up against this on H323 gateway, so just in case -

Mary Beth

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content