cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A second Opening Greeting?

kimberly
Level 1
Level 1

We are installing a Call Manager and Unity Unified Messaging system for a customer. This very large company has 2 subsidiary companies sharing the same office space with them.<br><br>They want callers to be able to call a different main number for subsidary "company A" (for example) and get a different Company Greeting. <br><br>I know there can only be one Opening Greeting call handler. I know they don't want their opening greeting saying: "...press 1 for Sales, 2 for Service...press 5 for Company A, press 6 for company B..."<br><br>What can I do to accomodate them??<br><br>The small companies only have a few people.<br><br>I don't think they mind that the dial by last name directory can't be divided up within one Unity server.<br><br>Thanks in advance.<br><br>

6 Replies 6

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Is this a CM integration? If so you can setup a dummy phone for each company to always forward to the pilot number. From there you can setup rules that sends the callers to a different CH based on the forwarding station in Unity.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Yes it is a Call Manager integration (I mentioned Call Manager in my question).

How do I setup a dummy phone?

I think it would be a waist to have a 7960 phone simply forwarding all the subsidary company A's calls to the pilot number.

After forwarding the calls on this different phone line to Unity, I can setup routing rules that send callers to a different call handler "based on the forwarding station in Unity?"

What does "based on the forwarding station in Unity" mean?

Thank you in advance for your help.

You can add a phone with a bogus MAC address. If the phone is not present the CallMananger will still load the intercept and forwarding information in to Digit Analysis.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

I tried your suggestion so that Company B can have their own Call Handler.

Ok I setup a dummy 7960 phone in Call Manager with a made-up MAC address 000111111111 with an ext 7282 forwarding all calls to the voicemail pilot number ext 8000.

Then in Unity I created a Company B Main Call Handler.

Then I created a Direct Routing rule but didn't know what to enter in the Calling Number & Dialed number fields. When I call in through our analog gateway I see that all calls say Direct & Internal with the voicemail pilot # 8000 as the Dialed Number.

The "forwarding Station" you were talking about, I found it under Forwarded Routing. But I do not know what to enter in this field either. I looked under field help but I am still confused.

I didn't know what to fill in & what to leave blank for the routing rule & whether it was a direct or forwarded route rule that is needed.

Do you need to have Caller ID on the IP phone system in order to route all calls from an 800# to a certain call handler (Company B's Main Greeting)?

Thanks for the help in advance.

What you need to do is add a new 'Call Routing', 'Forwarded Calls' rule. In that rule enter the extension of the dummy forwarding phone (ext 7282 in your case) in the 'Forwarding station:' field and configure 'Send call to:' to be a 'Call Handler' and chose Company B's Main Greeting Call Handler. All other defaults are fine.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

OK. I did try that. I tried a bunch of things in the routing rules section. Now I screwed up the routing & all calls are going to the Example Administrator default greeting instead of to sign-in or Opening Greeting.

This customer wants caller to call a seperate 800 # to reach Company B & Unity should pick up & then play the Company B's Main Greeting.

Here is what I have done, in summary:
1. Created a new 7960 phone with a made-up mac address with extension 7282 and forwarded all calls to voicemail pilot # 8000.

2. Created a new call handler in Unity called Company B Main Greeting. (Do I need to assign ext 7282 to this call handler or to a phantom voicemail box in Unity?)

3. Created a Forwarded Routing rule called Company B Route and entered 7282 in the forwarding station feild and entered send to Company B Main greeting call handler. (You said I could leave the other fields default but don't I need to enter Company B's 800 # in the DNIS field?- Do I need caller ID for Unity to route a call based on a certain 800#?)

When I call into the system I am not getting Company B's Main Greeting. While playing with the routing rules I have gotten everything else (Opening Greeting, Example Admin default greeting).

I feel I am missing something.

Thanks for all your help so far.