Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

AA access denied

Hello -<br>We have an issue with a customer's system - no one can access the Active Assistant Web pages except the account that installed Unity.<br><br>Background info: Win2k was initially installed without IIS. Then Exchange was installed. When Unity was attempted to be installed, it balked due to the fact that IIS was not present. Customer then uninstalled Exchange and then installed IIS 5.0. After which they then re-installed Exchange and then Unity installed correctly.<br><br>But now, the only 1 account is able to access the AA page. That is the account they used to install Unity with. When any other valid Unity subscriber attempts to access the page, they get a access denied. Exact message is listed:<br><br>HTTP 401.2 - Unauthorized: Logon failed due to server configuration Internet Information Services<br><br>Background:<br>This is usually caused by a server-side script not sending the proper WWW-Authenticate header field. Using Active Server Pages scripting this is done by using the AddHeader method of the Response object to request that the client use a certain authentication method to access the resource<br><br>More info - we do know the users are going through a Proxy server, but the browsers do have the "Bypass proxy server for local addresses" box checked. Again, the Unity install account can access SA and AA with no problems. I checked the Directory Security tabs to compare the rights given - they looked like they were set to default. We also checked the NT security rights to the c:\inetpub\wwwroot\SAWeb directory on Unity - they again matched with our default configuration.<br><br>I believe this IS a IIS issue, but I am not sure where else to check. We can check the NT domain rights, but they can access their voicemail and email server, so I do not think this is the case.<br><br>Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.<br><br>

4 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: AA access denied

The first thing I'd do to narrow down the scope a bit is to pop open IE on the local Unity server, set it's security up to prompt for login for authentication and access the AA by providing the domain\login and password of one of the users that is having problems connecting off box.

if you can't connect that way we can rule out all proxy server/fire walls etc... from the picture and we're working with a much smaller pool of potential problems.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Hi,
The customer tried opening IE on the unity server and logging in as a user he is having problem with and it does not let him in. It just sits there and does nothing.

Thank you
Pritish

Anonymous
N/A

it doesn't time out, no error message, nothing in the event logs? Just a plain white page with no text on it? Not that I'm skeptical... but are you watching this happen or is the customer following instructions and then reporting back to you what they think is happening? This is one of those times I'd want to be in looking around...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

the following error message props up. I will get the event logs also.

ACCESS DENIED
Your Windows domain account [ user1 is not associated with a unity subscriber ]

Pritish

Views
Helpful
Replies