cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AA and anounce name

shouyisun
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to let the unity server anounce the name before ring the phone?For instance, if you make a call through PSTN and hear the unity AA and enter the extension, when transfer and before transfer, the calleer can hear the name of the called user?

2 Replies 2

afuller
Level 4
Level 4

I believe that's what the "Ask caller's name" checkbox under Gather Caller Information on the subscriber's Call Transfer page is supposed to do. Of course, you'll need to enable Supervised Transfer for that subscriber first.

adam

Actually, I think that's backwards from what they want... the ask subscriber's name opiton asks the CALLER to say their name so the CALLED party can decide if they want to talk to them or not. I think what they want is for the CALLER to hear the CALLED subscriber's voice name before transfer... if that's the case then the answer is no... there's no way to force Unity to say the voice name of the called party as part of the transfer sequence. If you dial the ID of the user from the opening greeting it'll just tell you to hold on and it'll ring the phone.