Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

AA and auto route the call

Is there a way that caller can enter 1 digit under a call handler so that it 'll automatically route to an external PSTN number. What my customer wants is when caller hear AA, and enter 1 this will auto matically dials another number , for example 18004162345.

Thanks

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: AA and auto route the call

Sure... you create a 2nd call handler that has transfer setup to dial the number you want it to dial and configure the 1 key rule on the handler you want to route from to "attempt transfer for" that call handler.

Again, the audio text applications in Unity document on the www.CiscoUnityTools.com documents page covers this in some detail.

Thanks Jeff. It works.

Now we had a new chanlenge, which is customer wants that when caller press 1 ,at business time it goes to greeting , at after hour it goes to transfer . The question I had is it seems there is no different input key can be seperate for business hour and afterhour. As you said if I do transfer I have to use"attempt transfer", or send greeting if go to greeting. Is there a way do what I need? Thanks.

Cisco Employee

Again, this question is covered in that audio text document I sent you a link for a few times now.

You would still use the "attempt transfer for" link from the one key but on the call handler you send the call to it's standard transfer rule is set to not ring the phone but go to the greeting and the off hours transfer rule would be set to ring the phone.

The key here is understanding how calls flow through the call handler starting with the transfer attempt at the top. I go into some detail on this in that document.

Thanks very much , Jeff . it works.

I still got another problem here, since Monday(May 19) is a holiday, I would like it'll behave as afterhours, in which calls can be transfered. In order to do this,I added that day in the holiday configuration. Then checked obsever holiday box on that call handler's scedule. I thought this should work.

For test purpose, I changed the data on Unity server to May 19. Then I call the AA, instead of tansfering,however, it went into Cisco Unity default opennning greeting. It's weird. I couldn't find this from that audio text documentation.

For the time being, I just enable alternate greeting so that on Monday call can be transfered.BUt I still want to know what cause that for my curiosity.

I think I know why unity openning greeting plays here because I didn't record closed greeting. But why the call transfer doesn't work on holiday? Theoratically it should take effect becaue I have call transfer enable under after hour. It should take the precendence over greeting.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content