cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AA and spoken name

lterebizh
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible make AA read username not letter by letter but as spoken name downloaded to CM?

8 Replies 8

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not sure what you mean... if you want to change what the AA spoken name is then you can go to the Global Directory, and in the AutoAttendant field, change the spelling of the person's name, where LastFirst is the default.

No..

I mean that is it possible listen for example your name not like

D- A- V- E-

but Dave....You can record your name as it should be done for upload spoken name ( I believe for prompt for voice mail) ?

Oh, the answer is yes, absolutely. You can upload individual names one at a time, or if you have a lot of them to do you can upload them in bulk.

Here are some instructions for you:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/serv_fea/ext_serv/esgd04.htm

Look in the section near the end called Configuring Prompts and you will see information there.

Ok...

I did it ...But...When I choose it in AA by pressing 2 and enter name I still heard that name was spelled but not readed from uploaded file... Is it right way?

You probably have the file in the wrong audio format for the CRA engine to play it to the caller. I am sending you an email, can you please reply to it and attach the file you are trying to upload? I can look at it, and try it with my CRA server and let you know what I find out.

Thanks to Dave it works now...

Here you are my notes to make it work.

To make AA speak user name from database not letter by letter but like real sounded name you can download user spoken name.

1. Record name by standard Windows “Sound Recorder”. Then go to File/Properties window and see “Audio Format”…If you have something else than “CCITT u-Law 8000 kHz, 8 bit Mono” than press button “Convert Now…” and choose Format: “CCITT u-law” and Attributes: “8000 kHz, 8 bit Mono 7 kb/sec” and press OK.

2. Put this file on CM or make it reachable on the network….

3. On CM run Start/Program Files/Cisco CRA Administrator/Spoken Name Prompt Upload.

4. Put UserId and path to file and that’s it. Now you can check it in AA – it should work.

Is there any other simplest way on CM 3.1. Does CM 3.1 support text to speech feature? I think some client prefered the text to speech rather than text to spell because sometime the caller hardly understand if the name was spelled.

The only automated attendant that does text to speech with CM3.1 that I know of is the "spell by name" feature that is part of Personal Assistant 1.2. Otherwise if you are using CRA 2.2 Auto Attendant then you need to upload the wav files as described in this thread, or the system will spell the user's name.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: