Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

AAR and External phone number mask

Hi,

Does anyone know if aar is supposed to take a phones external phone number mask into account when deciding what number to prefix? I have a CM 3.3.2 ES45 with external phone number masks of 212238XXXX and the only way I can get aar to work is to set the prefix digits to 91.

Has anyone had any expierence with this?

Thanks

Frank

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES

Re: AAR and External phone number mask

Hi Frank,

You definately need a few things to get aar to work as designed, that is after you've enabled AAr in the enterprise parameter.

there are

1. Set up a prefix to use when calling withing or between AAR groups

2. make sure the phoone is configured fro external phone numer mask.

3. perform other aar configuration requirements.

when a phone is a AAR group can't be reached because of no bandwidht and AAR kick in, it would look at configuration of the phone you're trying to reach and retriev it external number max say 212238XXXX. It then looks at the prefix digit for that AAR group.

It would append the prefix digit for the group and add it to the external phone number retried from the phone config and attempts to route the call with the AAR CSS.

The number dialed is now 91212238XXXX. 91 would be used to access the route-pattern 9.1XXXXXXXXXX if you have that or the 9.@ pattern which is used to forward the long distance calls to the pstn.

You definately need the prefix and external phone number maxk configured to get AAR working.

Your experience is how its designed to work. If you howerver dont want to use prefix. do not include any prefix digit for that aar group and maku sure you have a route-pattern in the AAR Call Search Space that can route 212238XXXX and maybe prepend a 1 and point that to your PSTN gateway .

Hope it helps

Regards

Tola Odunuga

So then how do aar groups work with trunks? If you have 2 sites, SiteA with a CM cluster, and SiteB with a CM cluster, and a Intercluster Trunk (with gatekeeper) setup between them, how do you get the aar to work here?

I setup the gatekeeper to allow a maximum of 2 intercluster calls, and then it'll reject any additional calls per the configured bandwidth for these 2 zones. All I get on the 3rd call is a busy, it never even goes to the PSTN gateway.

And as far as using a mask with the aar prefix for routing the call out the PSTN, it'd end up using the local calling id mask in this case, not the remote, so not sure how to set that portion up either. ?

Cisco Employee

Frank,

Yes. AAR will take the external phone number mask into account.

Muhilan

Views
Helpful
Replies