Replies

AAR and Trunks

aamercado
Level 4
Level 4

HI

CM4.x - On ICT trunks btwn 2 4.x clusters:

cl#A-----ict-------cl#B

what is the partitions for the Calling Search space for AAR on the ICT config page?

To keep it simple, I'll use 9.@...so is it the 9.@ partition for #A's pstn lines or #B's pstn lines?

Thx

3 Replies 3

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

Automated alternate routing (AAR) provides a mechanism to reroute calls through the PSTN or other network by using an alternate number when Cisco CallManager blocks a call due to insufficient location bandwidth. With automated alternate routing, the caller does not need to hang up and redial the called party. The AAR group represents the dialing area where the line/directory number (DN), the Cisco voice mail port, and the gateway are located.

Try:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed65e.html

In terms of the ICT configs for "Inbound calls," there is a "AAR Calling Search Space" field (see below)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed6e9.html#wp1147078

I understand that AAR is typically for centralized design. If that is the case, what is the purpose of a AAR CSS on an inbound ICT call since an ICT typically implies a distributed design?

To restate your reply, "Automated alternate routing (AAR) provides a mechanism to reroute calls through the PSTN or other network"

I am assumming pstn is obvious relates to a centralized design but am curious what "other network" implies.

Thx

Also one other thing to add -

On a centralized design, AAR uses the calling number external phone mask to prepend the additional digits to allow a 10 digit dialing out to the pstn but with distributed design of ICT, AAR DOES NOT KNOW the calling number "external mask" as that is defined on the other CM cluster.

I just don't see the purpose of having a AAR CSS on an ICT config page but since it exist, there must be a rational purpose for its application.

Thx