Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

AAR Group

Hi,

I have over 1500 line appearances in my callmanager. I am running CM 3.3.2. I would like to Implement AAR groups. Is there a way to update the AAR group setting on all line appearances without manually going into all 1500. I do not see an option in bat to support this.

Thanks

Frank

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES
Blue

Re: AAR Group

The AAR setting is conspicuously absent from the BAT phone update choices. I was hoping it would show up in 3.3.3, but no such luck. Just curious, have you tried to get forwarding to Unity to work over AAR? Our primary LEC passes the redirecting number field over PRIs, but when the remote site is in a city with a different carrier, we have struck out in trying to make it work.

Gold

If you are:

* Skilled in SQL

and have at least one of the following:

* Verified, current database backups

* Suicidal tendencies

It is possible to directly edit the CallManager SQL database. In the past, Cisco TAC has told us "don't do that, but if you do that, restart the CallManager service afterwards."

Set up your AAR groups and prefixes, and then have a look at the database. You'll see your work in the AARDialPrefixMatrix and AARNeighborhood. You assign the AAR CSS to the device in the field 'fkCallingSearchSpace_AAR' in the Device table, and you assign the AAR Group to the line/DN in the field 'fkAARNeighborhood' field in the NumPlan table. You can look up the relevant pkids in the AARNeighborhood and CallingSearchSpace tables.

The best and easist idea is probably to set up a sample phone the way you want it and clone that to the other devices that will have the same setings. Constructing a SQL query matching the digit range or device pool that the other devices share could help you get things done pretty quickly.

Thanks,

Unfortunatley I already manually updated all the lines. I am very hesitant to mess with SQL mostly because Cisco will not support it. I am very dissapointed with the many shortcomings of the BAT tool.

I appreciate your reply, I will keep this info in mind for next time.

Thanks

Frank

Views
Helpful
Replies