Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

AAR Routing problems

Hi,

I configured AAR routing with help from the admin guide, but when I trie to call an outside PSTN number I only get 'Not enough bandwith'. Never the reroute mark. I use 2 2811 srst voice gateways. When the first is out of bandwith I want to reroute by the second. I changed the serviceparameter and the location bandwithes. Also special CCS's and AAR groups. All AAR groups prefixes are '9' I made route patterns with the 9 as the first number.

Can somebody pleasy put me in the right direction.

Regards

4 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: AAR Routing problems

When it shows as "Not enough bandwidht" it means for some reason AAR is not kicking in.

Which version of call manager is it .If it is 3.3 go to enterprise paramenter and make sure that "automatich alternate routing" is set to true.Defaule is false.

If it is 4.1 then go to service paramenter and choose callmanager and look for the same paramenter and set it to true.

If you don't set this to true AAR will not work.

Also if this paramenter is set to true make sure your locations are programmed properly and you have programmed external phone mask on the phones.

If everything is programmed right try to reset callmanager and see.

I hope this helps.

thanks,

Radhika

The key reason it is failing here is that you are trying to call an outside number using AAR. That's not what AAR does.

AAR is used as an alternate route to other phones or routepoints within CCM, not outside numbers. Suppose you have a phone with a local number of 555-1212 (ext 1212) in area code 512. And also suppose the phone you are calling it from is in another area code, such that it would be a long distance call if you weren't using voice. And suppose the bandwidth specified between both phones' Location settings had been exhausted. Now finally, you pick up the phone and dial 1212. Then, and only then, AAR would recognize BW had been exhausted, and use a combination of the prefix configured in the AAR group (ie '91') plus the external number mask configured in the Phone DN (ie, 5125551212) to dial the phone (915125551212) vial PSTN gateway. It would use the calling phone's AAR CSS to match a route pattern ->route-list/gateway and make the internal call via the PSTN.

What you want to do is use a combination of route-group and route-lists to allow you to hunt from the first 2811 to the second for outbound calls. AAR will not work for this.

Let me know if this helps by rating the post.

Hi,

Thanks! It's now clear for me. I'm only wonder...

Is it possible to do what I want with another way?

Regards,

Maik

Hi Maik,

Generally speaking, you should place each gateway in its own route-group. Then place the two route-groups into a route-list in the order you want to use the gateways. Then set your route-patterns to use the route list. This way Callmanager will try the first gateway, then the second.

In your particular case, I'm concerned about why/how you are using Locations. Help me understand the call flow you are trying to achieve. You mentioned 2 SRST gateways with Location settings.

I'm unclear if you have two or three sites, where the IP Phones are, and why they are using gateways on the other side of a WAN link such that Location becomes necessary.

How many sites to you have, and where are the Callmanager servers and gateways located? Where are the IP Phones that are using each gateway.

Michael

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content