Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Have a CCM 3.3 in Europe connected via Frame Relay to an Avaya PBX in U.S. Avaya PBX appears in CCM as an H.323 Gateway.

There is 7-digit dialplan from Europe to U.S. (333.4444 w/PreDot being stripped and 4-digits being presented to the PBX). Low Bandwidth is being to CCM IP Phones and calls are not processing. I've created Europe_AAR and US_AAR.

The H.323 G/W in CCM is assigned to US_AAR and the IP Phone in Europe is assigned to the Europe_AAR with a Prefix of 001222333 (country area exchange) on the calls from Europe_AAR to US_AAR.

I am still seeing busy returned once bandwith is saturates and do not see the calls hitting the Europe E1 (MGCP G/W)

Is AAR Routing even allowed in this configuration? At present, there are no Gatekeepers deployed.

Community Member

Re: AAR to PBX

Found this link which explains that this configuration is not supported:

Community Member

Re: AAR to PBX

I should've posted a workaround. Here it is. On the Avaya side, it will busy out on 4-calls. This provides busy signal to CallManager. By placing a secondary route group in the route list, calls are able to be re-routed across the PSTN.

Simple, really

edit: I'd "rate" this post as solved with the check box...but...there is no "rate this post link" even though I'm logged in.

CreatePlease to create content