Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Abbreviated Dial and IP Phone Services button: 2 questions

Hi,

Thanks in advance for helping! I am the sole telecom administrator for our company and I need some (hopefully) minor help...

1. We do not allow our users access to CCMUser or CCMAdmin for various reasons. Is there any way they can program their abbreviated dials from the phone itself? Same question for the Personal Directory.

2. The only Ip Phone services I have are Fast Dials and Personal Directory. Are there other Phone services "hidden" somewhere on my Call Manager already or are these the only 2?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Abbreviated Dial and IP Phone Services button: 2 questions

answer to second question:

no, these are not the only two services and no, the other services are not hidden.

these ARE the only two services configured for that phone to use and may be the only two services currently configured in ccm.

to configure additional services, see the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed6bd.html

also, i believe the first question(s) is no as well.

Thank you for your help!

Another way is to write an Ip service to enable the phone user to directly add the abbrdial and personnal contact from the phone XML screen.

Check out this tool:

http://www.voip-tools.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=56&Itemid=85

Your endusers can run this on their desktop and quick a speed dials in the app. It does not install on the desktop, just runs as an app. It's pretty slick.

Thank you! I'll try this out and let you know.

Views
Helpful
Replies