Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability Of Outside Callers To Join An Internal Meet Me

Is it possible for an outside caller, calling in to our site, after hitting the auto-attendant (or by transfer from front desk receptionist) to join an internal Meet Me conference?

4 REPLIES

Re: Ability Of Outside Callers To Join An Internal Meet Me

yes they can, as long as they (or the receptionist) know the meet me extension number.

If you're using Unity for auto-attendant functions, you'll have to add a subscriber or call handler for the meetme extension number -- I added an internet subscriber called "meetme conf" to our unity system, in the subscriber's profile unchecked "list in directory" & now when people call the autoattendant, they can dial the meetme # & get transferred to the conference.

what should i use for the SMTP entry when adding the internet subscriber? should i use the ip of our mail server? Unity will not let me leave it blank. could i trick it by placing some bogus smtp address in the field?

thanks for the help.

It's looking for an email address like: conf@quaycorp.com. In my case, I used an address that dumps to the bitbucket on our smtp server (null@mycomp.com). The only time it would be used is if someone tried to leave a message for the "meetme conf" subscriber - which could happen I guess if someone sends a message to the "everyone" distribution list... The idea behind internet subscribers is that they don't get a local message store in exchange (so you don't have to see them in address books, they don't have to get NT accounts, they don't take up disk space, etc) and if VM messages need to go to them, the msgs are emailed out by Unity to the email address listed as files w/ .wav attachments...

so if you don't administer Email as well as phones, ask the mail administrator if they have a "bitbucket" smtp account you can use...

OR you could just use your own email address & delete any messages from Unity that happen to come in ;)

OR if you don't want to hassle with all that, just make the meetme account a regular subscriber with an exchange account -- just don't forget to empty out any extraneous messages every now & then.

OR if you're feeling fancy, you could use a call handler that transfers to the meetme #.

Or if you have DID numbers, use one of them as your meetme # so outsiders can call it directly...

David,

It is indeed possible for external callers to join meet-me conferences. Obviously the meet-me conference must be established beforehand. The external party can be transferred in no problem. Also if the meet-me number pattern is associated with a DDI number, then external parties can join directly, without the need for auto-attendant or a receptionist to intervene.

>

Spike

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content