cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

About Directory Connection in Configuration Setup

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I encountered problem when I was running "Configuration Setup" program on desktop. When I enter password for current account (Administrator), it said it is invalid but I can use this account to login Unity server locally. Why?<br><br>The following is my setup procedures, anything wrong?<br>1) install w2k server<br>2) dcpromo my unity<br>3) install MSDE2000 & Enterprise Manager<br>4) Install Message Queuing 2.0<br>5) for exchange 2000 I have run <br> setup.exe /forestprep <br> setup.exe /domainprep<br> launch.exe and install Exchange Server<br>6) Updating Active Directory Schema<br>7) Install Cisco Unity <br>8) Directory Connection (which I failed in this step)<br><br>Please help! I have installed twice and come across the same problem. Thanks<br><br>regards,<br>Rayon<br><br><br><br>

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

The most common cause for the password error at that point is the installation account does not have the "act as a part of the operating system" User right. If this is a stand alone server running Active Directory, you can apply this user right using the Start|Programs|Administrative Tools|Domain Controller Security Policy. If it isn't a domain controller (typical in a VM only install), then
make sure that this user right is the effective setting. With it set, you should be able to get past the password issue.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Thanks. It solved.
But when I press the message from IP phone without message box, it said:
"sorry, the opening greeting is busy or doesn't answer" and hang up. Is it normal?

Thanks

regards,
rayon

Not applicable

no, that's not normal. Sounce like maybe the call is coming in forwarded instead of direct or you have an opening greeting call handler configuration issue. If this is a new, out of the box install I'd find that pretty unlikely. You can try activating the alternate greeting on the openeing greeting call handler to ensure that's the guy being triggered (i.e. it over rides the standard, off hours, busy etc... greetings), record a greeting for it and see what happens when you dial in. If you hear the same thing, that'd be odd indeed.

From there I'd pop open CallView.exe (\commserver\techtools) and watch what happens when the call comes in (i.e. which conversation gets triggered) and go from there.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

I use the call viewer and see the incoming call is normal.
And now I re-configure the opening greeting and it returned to normal.

Thanks for your help.