Views
Helpful
Replies

About Users Import

k.syou
Level 1
Level 1

Hello -

My customer environment is Cisco Unity 3.1.5, Ex2k , Unified Messaging (200 Users 12 sessions) Total Users in AD Domain: 1200 users

Since they are using 'Cisco Unity Import Tool', they can only import users by specifying User Domain(ex ABC.com). Every time it takes several minutes to list all 11XX users form AD before they can actually select any users. Not like Cisco Unity Bulk Import where you can import users by specifying which OU do you like.

My questions is

1.Would it be possible for me to install and use CUBI in Unity3.1?

2. Since Unity Users is gathered under an OU called 'Unity' , any idea where I can import users from OU?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. No, CUBI wont run on version earlier than 4.x - it relies on some libraries and changes in the SQLSyncSvr code and some stored procedures that don't exist in 3.x versions of Unity.

2. You can try the Global Subscriber Manager - it has an import feature and lets you get to the container you want using an AD-like searching tree which may be a little quicker - this is for importing users one at a time, however, not in bulk. You can get the latest version as well as the help and training videos for this tool on it's home page here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_GSM4x.htm

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for you reply.

I will have a look at GSM.

Jeff, My last question is

An service account called "umadmin" has been created before Cisco Unity installation and given the permission bellow.

1. Administrators

2. Schema Masters

3. Domains Admins

4. Enterprise Admins

Since thay have an AD that contain 1200 users, most part of the OU are under different Administrators.

These administrators would like to narrow the permission of Cisco Unity service account including permission to certain OU

(The OU that I mentioned above) only. Any idea of this kind of situation?

What is the least permission that service account need in order to import users from AD to Cisco Unity?

Thanks you very much.

The permissions needed by Unity are documented in the help file for the permissions wizard - for 4.x you can get the latest version (complete with help files) here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_Maven4x.htm

You can select a "root" container to grant rights against and it'll grant rights in that container and all sub containers but you cant pick and choose individual containers that are peers of one another - you have to pick the highest container that holds all the containers that have users you want to be able to import.