Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

AC Broadcast Hunting

I've set up a broadcast huntgroup in my AC which works well. However, calls still get broadcast to my attendants even when neither of them is online.

How can I get the calls to route direct to my 'Always Route Member' when my attendants are both offline rather than waiting for the hold timer to expire ?

TIA,

Paul.

3 REPLIES

Re: AC Broadcast Hunting

Paul,

What I've read on Broadcast Hunt for AC that only setting the Queue Size and Hold Time will activate the Always Route Member. These both would affect your queue whether people were logged in or not.

Are you mainly looking for this solution to resolve Attendants not being available during business hours and quick turn around to a greeting or person? Or are you looking to not have people in queue after-hours? If you are just concerned about the off-hours then you might want to create Time of day routing with the Pilot Point Number in different partitions with Time Schedules. I don't believe the AC Hunt Groups can reference two different Pilot numbers but you could always put a CTI or Translation Pattern in front of it then have it forward either to the AC Hunt or another Extension/Voicemail afterhours.

Again this wouldn't solve your problem during business hours but it would make after hour calls route differently.

Here is the link to configuring Time of Day routing. I'm not going to detail the steps unless you want me to because I'm unsure if this is what you need to resolve your issue.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edbaa.html#wp1033737

Thanks

Fred

Thanks for the input Fred.

Yes the requirement is so out of hours callers don't sit in the queue before going to Unity.

It's not configured yet but I will probably bounce the call stright into Unity in order to check time of day before bouncing the call back out to the pilot point if we are 'in-hours'.

It's a fudge but will work.

Thanks again,

Paul.

Hi, I have the same concern but in my case, I'm really looking a way to resolve Attendants not being available during business hours and quick turn around to a shared line number.

Do you have some idea ?

The ideal will be NOT transfer the call to broadcast hunting queue if there are no web attendant users online. In this case, it would be nice to route call to "Always route member" number.

Views
Helpful
Replies