Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access denied after instalation

I am trying to install Unity with windows 2000, the server is part of the domain. After the instalation (or at the end)I recieve the following message "SETUP WAS ENABLE TO CONFIGURE DEFAULT SETTINGS ON YOUR SYSTEM. YOU MAY CONTINUE THE SETUP PROCESS AND CONFIGURE THE SYSTEM MANUALLY". I have test the users policy rigth and I set as a manual say. do yo know what can I do? what are the things that I have to do?<br><br><br>

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Access denied after instalation

To know what's going on (i.e. why the configuration is failing) we'd need to look at the TEMPU.LOG and the DIAG_xxx.log file generated after the install... the diag file should say what script failed and point us in the right direction. It's usually something along the lines of a new install on a machine that's not quite clean (I see this quite a lot... folks do a "Test install", then delete stuff off and want to do a clean install over it but there's stuff hanging around that conflicts later).

Ideally you shoudl contact TAC, provide those files and let us look at them to see what happened on your system. Lots of folks have reported a problem here but so far very few have coughed up details for us to investigate with.

To run the configuration manually on your own, check out this post:

http://avforums.isomedia.com/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=unityent&Number=2657&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5#Post2657

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Re: Access denied after instalation

I had this problem before and it turned out to be a bad Windows 2000 server disk. It was a burned copy of a MSD Win2k server disk and installed without a hitch. Exchange installed fine also. Every time we attempted to install Unity it would fail at the script. Make sure you have a known good Win 2k disk.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content