Views
Helpful
Replies

Access pin/password users CCM 6.0

soares.ana
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have some applications developed to CCM 4.3, and now I have to make them work with CCM 6.0.

My problem is that I need to access to the information pin/password of the users.

I have been study the Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.0(1) Database Dictionary and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Developers Guide for Release 6.0(1).pdf. I can access the credential table in the database making an AXL request, but I don't know if this value “<CREDENTIALS>B1E093371D17A602638DFF87FF303F31DCBD9A5848BD9DB57424EB04F2537503</CREDENTIALS>” that is the pin or password. Is this with some kind of encryption?

The dictionary manual tells that “AXL and all applications access passwords and PINs only via IMS libraries”, where can I found information about it?

Thank you

Ana

3 Replies 3

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

I've never heard about IMS but if you look through the AXL spec, there's a function to validate a PIN of a user (doAuthenticateUser).

That's what I use to control access to a phone's configuration so that no unauthorized person can reconfigure a phone with the xml services I developed.

Pranjol Saikia
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

We have a IPT application to change EM User PIN using the IP PHONE.

Visit www.parsec-tech.com for other Cisco IP Phone Applications

Regards

Pranjol

pranjol.s@parsec-tech.com

doAuthenticateUser allows you to verify both pin and password (either or.. depending on the parameters you give).. but there's no way to read out the pin/password for us regular folks.. only cisco internal apps can do that.

using updateUser you can update a user's password/pin so basically you have everything you need except pin recovery. If you need to develop a pin recovery tool (eg. for a helpdesk), you'd just give them the ability to set a new pin (or password) for the user and be done with that.. it is after all the same procedure for an IT admin when you lose the password for your domain account or some IT service your company offers its employees.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: