Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Access to multiple Unity Servers

We have 2 Unity Servers in our infrastructure. As the administrator, I would like to add subscribers to both servers, using the http://servername/saweb browser page. However, I am only a subscriber on one of the Unity servers using the {Default Administrator} template. Suggestions? <br><br>Ideal scenario is that we have a global group with all of our admins and the MS Exchange service account assigned to the Example Administrator subscriber. Would that work? Otherwise I have setup my account as the account assigned the Example Administrator account which works fine, but the whole team cannot leverage this setup. Or is there a way to prompt for a logon when launching the saweb page?<br><br>

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Access to multiple Unity Servers

First, yes you can configure IE to always ask you for login information and you can have various folks contact the SA web page and all authenticate as the same account (i.e. Example Administrator). A little cumbersome but this does work. In IE under the Tools menu go to the Internet Options item and then go to the “security” tab. Select “custom” and go all the way down to the bottom and you can set the “user authentication” up such that it will always prompt for login name/password when challenged instead of passing in the currently logged in user information.

You could also create multiple Exchange accounts (i.e. one for each admin on each Unity server) and associate them with the same NT account… so you could have two Exchange accounts for every admin, one associated as a subscriber/administrator on each Unity server. Probably a bit high on the maintainability side of things… I’d probably go with the manual authentication thing myself.

Unity 3.0 addresses this much better by providing a table of NT/AD account SIDs that are allowed access to the Unity server as administrators. This way you can add a group of users to this table for every Unity server in your organization and they can simply attach to any of these servers and do what they need to do without getting cute with authentication or multiple accounts etc… In 2.x there is no such mechanism so creating multiple Exchange accounts and associating them with the same NT account or using manual identification are your only options until 3.0 comes out.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Re: Access to multiple Unity Servers

THANKS! The "Internet Options" one gets me where I want to be. The admins all know the username and password of the Unity / MS Exchange service account, so that will work fine. Not sure why I didn't think of that...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content