cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Access Voice-mail inbox from PSTN

Hi Pros,

I have CCM 4.1(2) & Unity 4.0(4).

My VM Pilot is 718 & VM Ports are from 702-717.

Now I have the 7xx DID also procured from my service provider & IP Phones have been given extensions from 720-799

Now there is a requirement to access Voice Mail (Unity) from outside to access user inbox.

Is this possible? If yes how can I enable the same?

Please note I have tried calling xxxxx718 & xxxxx702 from PSTN but they come busy. (last 3 digits are forwarded by provider 7xx)

Pratik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Blue

Re: Access Voice-mail inbox from PSTN

you can assign a DID to your unity system for users to access unity via pstn.

this DID can be translated into your unity pilot number or you can make your pilot number the DID itself.

when you call into this DID, press '*' and unity will prompt for your ID and password. (the ID to use is the unity mailbox you want to access, ie: 721)

5 REPLIES
Blue

you can assign a DID to your unity system for users to access unity via pstn.

this DID can be translated into your unity pilot number or you can make your pilot number the DID itself.

when you call into this DID, press '*' and unity will prompt for your ID and password. (the ID to use is the unity mailbox you want to access, ie: 721)

Community Member

Hi qpulos,

I already have DID complimenting my VM extension numbers...Any reason, why its coming engaged from the PSTN ??

Blue

sorry, i don't understand the question...i'm pretty lame sometimes.....

what do you mean 'why its coming engaged from the PSTN?'

(i didn't even know they were in love! :)~

Community Member

What I meant to say is, whenever I used to call from PSTN, it used to give me a busy tone.

The problem seems to have resolved when I added PTVM-Pilot to a CSS-MUM (which is generally given to IP Phones at that site)

OK. I was up pretty late last night but I'll take a swing at this.

The easiest way will be to have the users call into their extensions and when they hear their greetings playing hit * and then they should be asked to enter their extension and then their password. They should have access after that.

In order to get direct access to their voice mail the easiest thing I can think of would be to create a call handler whose action is to send subscriber to check in. You can assign an extension to the Call handler, and configure a free DID to get sent directly over to that call handler. Doing it this way would eliminate users having to wait for the phone to ring x number of times before they signed in.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to rate all replies

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content