cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Accessing a particular FXO port(PSTN line)

p.kulkarni
Level 1
Level 1

hi

Currently we access the outgoing lPSTN lines by dialing 9 before the PSTN number but then these PSTN lines get accessed as on available/free basis. we use FXO ports for outgoing calls to PSTN.

we need to access a specific PSTN line from IP Phones by dialing any digit for eg. 25. So when the user dials digit 25, he/she gets connected to a fixed outgoing PSTN line (FXO port). Can this be achieved. we use ccm 3.2.

4 Replies 4

ksilva
Level 1
Level 1

If you are using MGCP you would assign a DN of i.e: 25 to that port, if you were using h323 on the gateway you would set up a Route Pattern, and associate it to the gateway, then make a a dial peer that correlates to the Route Pattern. Make sure that whatever DN you use doesn't conflict with your current Dial Plan, for instance you use 25 to dial to this port, but you have extension or other Route Patterns with something like 2525, or 2500. The call will take a little more to time, because there is an interdigit timer on the dialing

hi

i am using h323 on the gateway & i did try this earlier. it works.

if i hv 2 ports say port 0 & port 1 with the same route pattern & corresponding dial-peer pattern. , then they would get accessed alternately (whenever I dial 25) depending on their busy or idle status.

wht i am looking at is always access port 0 from these 2 ports irrespective of the status of other port. if port 0 is busy then I should get a busy tone & it should not go to port 1 which is seen normally (assuming port 1 is free & has the same dial peer pattern). thus I am assured that upon dialing 25 I always go thr; a particular port/line even though my dial pattern remains same across ports.

What I would do is come up with a simple "Prefix digit" scheme. Here's how it goes:

1) On your route pattern in CM, prefix say 1234, discard no digits and send it to your h.323 gateway.

2) In your h.323 gateway, create a destination pattern matching 1234 (and whatever you really want to send it). The destination pattern should automatically strip the 1234 for you and send the rest of the digits to the specific port you have configured.

we tried this. thks for the inputs.