Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account codes

I need to create a senario simillar to #2 dialing on pabx wherby the the user would dial an account code to

access the pstn.I have read (cisco cm fundamentals p200)a that you can create a route pattern with lets say a 6 digit access code

0.XXXXXX@ .When callmanager logs a cdr,the called party digits are those that the called party transformations on the route pattern generate i.e: XXXXXNUMBER.Apparently any other tranformations therafter dont show up in the cdr records Later on.Therfor you would discard the rest of the digits (pre @ )on the gateway.Is this @ sybol avilable to use outside the NANP or is there any other diert way to achieve the same result.

We want the receptionist to be able to make calls on behalf of clients then charge later by account code

security as far as viewing these codes on the placed calls on phone is not an isue.

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Account codes

How many route patterns are you talking about creating for this implementation? This is really the only current way to do it with just callmanager. I think we are working on ways to integrate this feature in to callmanager itself, but I believe it is a couple of major releases away. I have heard of some people in the field using cisco CRA to create a script that will do this for them. So they direct all the calls to the ivr and the CRA will validate the access code. This was used for validation and billing not just billing. Not sure if this helps or not.

Thank you,

-Mckee

I will need to create 1 for every client in a serviced office enviroment If I use the pattern "0.xxxxxx@" for example. I would assign each client an access code 6 digits and have the reception phone as the only phone affiliated with this route list and route pattern.I would keep the codes as simple as possible useing 00 + the clients 4 digit ext i.e:004000 do you think this method will work ?As i know nothing about CRA would that be the preferred method or is the above mentioned going to work ? any examples CRA scripts would be appreciated .

regards

awells

I have a 2600 h323 gateway e1 to pstn when I go to select route group under callmanager nothing is available as the h.323 is not controlled by CM therfor I cant transform the original route pattern XXXXXX@ does the 2nd translation need to be configured on the router ?

Cisco Employee

It sounds like you have a route pattern pointing directly at the gateway. You can be one or the other but not both. What I mean is if you have route patterns pointing directly at gateways they can't be in route groups and if you have gateways in route groups you can't have route patterns pointing directly at gateways. Let me know if this does not make sense.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Have a look at the example in Callmanager fundamentals page 200.Account codes.

What about num-exp do think it will work

Hello McKee,

I have 150 user with 2 callmanager and IVR

I want to believe a authorization and account code

for user ...

How can I create it...

JN

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content