Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Employee

Account Lockout Policy 2

I have an urgent request. I have a problem where the admin of a domain in which the unity 2.4.6.135 is located has to have the account lockout policy enabled. This is causing the account used for Unity services to become disable. i was aware of this problem but I do not know if there was ever a workaround for having this policy in the domain still enabled yet avoiding lockout. Does anybody have any input into this issue?<br>Best regards,<br>Glen<br><br>

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Account Lockout Policy 2

Well you can make a new account for Unity to login with.

Just curious -- what are the doing for their other NT servers? The must have other apps that logging with a domain account.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Anonymous
N/A

Thank you for the responses. We ended up creating a local policy and took it out of the global lockout policy and placed the service account therein.

Anonymous
N/A

Here's a post on the details for changing the service account (i.e. the account associated with the Unity services that we use to log into Exchange, access the directory etc... with):

http://avforums.isomedia.com/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=unityent&Number=3498&Search=true&Forum=All_Forums&Words=service account&Match=Entire Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=50&Old=3months&Main=3492

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies