cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Account or authorization codes

rmcinturff
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to configure the 7940 and 7960 IP phones to allow for a 12 digit acct or authorization code after the long distance number is dialed? Right now, after you call the number there is nothing to activate or to prompt you to be able to enter anything, let alone a code. Appreciate some help with this, thank you in advance.

4 Replies 4

gillins
Level 1
Level 1

This question has been asked many many times by lots of people. As of right now there is no easy way to do it. I hope that cisco has it on there road map but another call from some one else to them may push the priority up.

hope this helps

scott

If there's no easy way to do it, give us the hard way, we like challenges.

RON ROYSTON
Level 1
Level 1

You can use a "route-pattern" in CCM admin that could force users to enter a long cryptic sequence of numbers before their LD number, however, this solution stinks. I have installed IPT systems in a number of environments that require an access code for billing and accounting purposes. In these cases, the phone company is the one who provides the access code funtionality, e.g. AT&T and Qwest have done this for me on dedicated long distance T1's or PRIs. It works great.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: