Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Accounts during Unity upgrade 3.1(5) to 4.0(3)

Hi,

I will upgrade the Unity 3.1(5) to 4.0(3) and have a question regards the accounts.

The upgrade task list described that the same accounts and permissions are required for upgrading from previous versions.

The current Unity 3.1(5) have the accounts

- unityservice ; service account

- unityadmin ; admin account

- unity_UM1 ; messaging queue account

Required accounts for Unity 4.0(3)

- UnityInstall

- UnityAdmin

- UnityDirSvc

- UnityMsgStoreSvc

- UnitySvc

Q1) Can I create the new accounts for 4.0(3) with ignore the old accounts and run the permission wizard ?

Q2) If I need using old accounts, can I create new accounts which not existing on the system and use the old account name when I running the permission wizard ? for example, create UnityInstall and UnityDirSvc. use the old accounts that unityservice for UnitySvc, unity_UM1 for UnityMsgStoreSvc. unityadmin is same.

Thanks.

1 REPLY

Re: Accounts during Unity upgrade 3.1(5) to 4.0(3)

Hello -

I am preparing to do the same .... I did install Unity 4.0(2), now upgraded to 4.0(3) in our lab. Since this was a lab environment with a new forest, I created the 4.0(2) accounts and installed a fresh copy of Unity. When I upgraded to 4.0(3), I reran the 4.03 version of the permissions wizard and was prompted by the wizard to reselect the accounts for the install. It is my plan to create the new 4.0(3) accounts in our production domain in prep for upgrading 3.1(5). Here is the Cisco link I have been referencing http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a00801ba4d6.html#40257

P.S. The 4.0(3) Permissions Wizard is slick! We have 9 Exchange administrative groups in our forest, and I was able to select which of those groups and information stores from which I would be importing subscribers (i.e. it is more granular and requires less permissions than previously).

Hope this helps! And Happy New Year :-)

Ginger

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content