cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACD PIM disconnecting

dpaquette
Level 1
Level 1

We are having a problem at one of our sites, were the ACD PIM is disconnecting 2-4 times a day and the errors in Event Viewer point to the CMS connection. Below is one of the erros we have seen:

CMS Agent Real-Time Feed #0 Data Timeout

CMSData[0]: Processed Invalid CMS Record. REC=[].

CMS Agent Real-Time feed #-1 is down.

ProcessPIMMsgs:: Invalid PIM message received class 10 type PIM_REPORTING_CONFIG_IND.

We have confirmed that the NICs on the CMS and PG and the switch ports are all the same. We are also going to place a sniffer on the LAN to make sure that the data is leaving the CMS and arriving at the PG according to the refresh rate.

Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

11 Replies 11

2r-reeder
Level 1
Level 1

I've seen this type of thing before. What version of the CMS report are you running? ICM? I have found that after doing sniffs, engaging developers, etc. that this problem usually clears up after upgrading to the latest version of both. If you are already on the latest editions of both, you may need to escalate.

We are currently running ICM v4.1.5 with plans to upgrade to v4.6.2 in Oct. Not sure what the CMS report version is currently but we are going to upgrade to 4.6.9 asap. We will also be upgrading our asaidll.dll and CVLAN when we upgrade to 4.6.2.

Thanks

bpasqual
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You say your NICs and switch ports are all the same. Are they 10/Half? (They should be) Are the switch ports set to auto sense? (They should NOT be)

They are all set to 100/full. We will be setting everything to 10/half. Originally the CMS NIC was set to auto sense.

Have you had the chance to make the changes yet? If so, has the issue been resolved?

We have not made any changes. AVAYA is telling us that the new CMS we have, E3500, should be set to 100/full. We are looking at the AVAYA infrastructure as the root cause. We are also having some problem with IEX, which also uses an RTA report. Will let you know what we come up with.

Could be the link between the G3 and the CMS. I believe there is an alarm on the G3 when that fails... have you seen any errors there?

No, we haven't seen any alarms there. However AVAYA is seeing both sides of the PG connected to the CMS at the same time to Port 6060. Only one side is sending data.

I don't think the PG sends anything to the CMS outside of a confirmation that it received a message. Both sides probably stay connected at an IP level, listening for the report, but only the side with the active PIM does anything about receiving the report. You are still having the same problem with no progress?

We have not had a disconnect since Friday. Cisco made some registry changes, one was to the MinBRIsReqBeforeFailover. But we have had extended periods of calm before. Having a Cisco/Avaya powwow today.

I really believe that you need to set everything to 10/half. The CMS may be capable of 100/full, but it is on the same network as the MAPD that is only capable of 10/half. We strongly suggest that everythinmg be set to 10/half.