cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Activation Key

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Two questions<br>1- Is activation key for 2.4.6.102 are working if we upgrade to 2.4.6.135?<br>2- I have two Unity servers on two different network. Can I swap the activation between the two servers. One key has more ports than the other and it is installed on the wrong server. If so what is the procedure? <br><br><br>Pascal Beauregard

9 Replies 9

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

You do not need to upgrade the key to go from 2.4.6.102 to 2.4.6.135.

Yes you can swap the key (dongle) from one server to the other. You will need to reconfigure the TSP for the correct amount of ports assuming you are integrated with CallManager.

The only issue I could see is if you have different TTS engines on the different keys. i.e One has RealSpeak and the other has TTS3000. If that is the case you will need to re-run the setup on top of the current install the get the correct TTS engine install on each machine.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Not applicable

Hi Keith,

thanks for the quick response!

Just want to be sure. An Activation Key code was provided with the dongles, I tought that the Activation Key code was linked with the Dongle, meaning that we have to modified the activation key somewhere in the registry. Am I wrong?

Also, a final question. If a server is used in demo mode and I want to put a dongle on it with the activation key code, do I have to reinstall the software in order ot be asked to enter the activation code or there is another way to proceed?

Pascal Beauregard

OK I think I was a little confused. The activation code can't be used on a different dongle. You will need to manually switch it with the other server.

If the server is in demo mode you can just add the dongle. Our documentation tells you to re-run setup but this is only because of the TTS engine issue I spoke of earlier. Demo mode has RealSpeak. If your key is set for RealSpeak or None then you are cool. If your key is set for TTS3000 then you will need to re-run the install on top of the current install so that you get the TTS3000 engine on the machine.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Not applicable

OK Keith,

what I am missing is how we manually switch the activation code. Do we have to change a registry field? Is there a procedure available on CCO that explain it?

Thanks!

Pascal Beauregard

Just unplug the dongles and switch them. That is all that is needed. Then do the TSP changes like I mentioned and TTS stuff if needed. Reboot once you are all done.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Keith, now I'm confused...

Once you swap the dongles, do you need to change the activation keys on the servers? As Pascal mentionned, normally, activation keys are associated to their respective dongle. How do you then change the activation key?

TIA,
Francis

You don't. The activation code goes to the key (dongle) and the key attaches to the server. Unity only looks at the key, not the activation code.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Not applicable

Hi Keith,

how can we verify if the key is set to TTS or Realspeak or none? I just want to verify that before doing the swap of dongle.

Thanks!

Pascal Beauregard

Run Key Dump from Start --> Program files --> Unity. Key Dump will show you all of the settings on the key.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: