Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Active Assistant Access for Multiple users of a single mailbox

We have system mailboxes (used for monitoring of applications and services, etc. ) that multiple users need to manage with active assistant, each with their own domain account. It appears that the multiple mailbox management is not a problem for administrators or mailbox owners as they are prompted which mailbox to manage when opening the administrator or active assistance consoles.

However, when granting multiple users access to a single mailbox via Exchange Permissions, only the user with ownership rights to the mailbox is allowed to view the mailbox in active assistant.

Is there a way multiple users can view a single mailbox in Active Assistant (i.e. to change offsite pager notifications, record greetings, etc.).

Thanks!

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Active Assistant Access for Multiple users of a single mailb

I haven't tried the exact scenario you're talking about (i.e. multiple folks authenticating to the same subscriber account in Unity via the web) but you should be able to use the GrantUnityAccess tool to make this work. Check ou this thread for some details:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&type=bookmarks&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40.ee88adf/0#selected_message

Instead of having one alternate account mapping to the subscriber account on Unity you'd want to try having several different domain accounts all mapping to the same subscriber account - this _should_ work for what you want it to do.

You could also change your IE settings to prompt for login/PW rather than using domain credentials when accessing AA and have folks provide a login/PW pair that they all use for access that user's account.

If two folks are accessing the account at the same time, it wont cause any problems that I know of but it'll be a "last write wins" kinda thing - whoever hits "save" last will have all their settings applied to that account and the other person wont know that's happened unless they refresh and take a close look. Just so you know...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content