cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Active Assistant

Biffer
Level 1
Level 1

Error "access denied you cannot access the Active Assistant web pages, there are too many active sessions, please try later"<br>There were no active sessions (late at night), and a reboot cured the problem. How many sessions are allowed? I know its 5 for Ststem Administration. How can I find out who is using the sessions?<br><br><br>

3 Replies 3

Anil Verma
Level 5
Level 5

The maximum number of sessions allowed is 20. If folks kill the AA sessions without logging out, the session can be left open. You should be able to see the active connections from the Internet services manager.
The sesssions will eventually time out. This is also dependent on the IIS settings. If you are using the defaults, I believe it is 20 mins.
Unity 3.x onwards has code to log people out if they decide to close the browser window. Thus accidental closures of the browsers do not lead to sessions being eaten up.

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

Is the only was to see the current users on IIS is by using a Performance Monitor and logging the HTTP current connections?

Not applicable
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: