cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Active Directory Behaviour

mymite060708
Level 1
Level 1

Could someone let me know if the following is normal behaviour with a call manager and AD integration – Thanks

CM = 4.1-3 sr2

1) On the corporate directory (on the phone) regardless of how you search, all users are listed. Is this right?

2) Changed the telephone number field in AD and it does not replicate to CM and vice versa

3) Deleted the user in CM but it left the entry in AD or vice versa.

3 Replies 3

timmektrakarn
Level 1
Level 1

1) On the corporate directory (on the phone) regardless of how you search, all users are listed. Is this right?

That is not right, if you search up First Name: John it should only display users that match that, not all users.

2) Changed the telephone number field in AD and it does not replicate to CM and vice versa

3) Deleted the user in CM but it left the entry in AD or vice versa.

For questions 2,3 have you searched the whole AD schema to make sure there aren't duplicate users where the info could have changed there? Make sure your CM is pointing to the correct AD container with the users you can check the file

C:\dcdsrvr\DirectoryConfiguration.ini

Run the AD plugin again and make sure you follow all the steps ie. using the CCMpwdchanger etc.

I have never implemented AD integration. But, have read a lot about it.

My question is that once i run the AD integration tool. While DC directory in callmanager sync up with AD. That means that if i add users in AD they will show up in corporate directory and visa versa??? will this happen automatically.

when i import the users from AD while i have to assign phone numbers in callmanager?

You do most of the updates in AD, telephone number, password etc. In CM, you set the users PIN, device assoc, extension mobility profile. You create users in AD and they will instantly show in CM when you refresh the search. If it doesn't that means your integration is not working correctly.