Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Active Directory Change on CallManager

I installed the Active directory plugin when all my users were in a container called users. Since then we have migrated to having them in a Organizational Unit called accounts and then department OUs under that. Since we started making this migration the corporate directory stops showing the users that we moved. I think I know that this is because we told the AD Plug-in to look in users and they aren't there. My Question is how do I make them reappear. Do I re-run the plug-in with the new location or is there a better way...... Thank you in advance for any help sent.

Keith D'Atrio

(863) 519-8313

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Active Directory Change on CallManager

Keith,

Yes, you can reinstall the plugin, and state the new starting directory, although I was unsuccessful in "chaining" several ou together, so I took the route of creating an ou=corpusers, and then created sub ou under that, then I pointed the plugin search base to corpusers, the problem is that the default container "users" is not an OU, and the default AD enviroment is flat. Once I organized the AD to use a hierarchical structure, the users searches were much faster.

The other method is to go in to each server the plugin was installed and change the registry entry for the search base. ( installing the plugin is much easier)

Keep in mind if you change the admin password you installed the plugin with, you must reinstall the plugin using the new admin password to fix the AD integration.

Hope this helps.

Todd

2 REPLIES

Keith,

Yes, you can reinstall the plugin, and state the new starting directory, although I was unsuccessful in "chaining" several ou together, so I took the route of creating an ou=corpusers, and then created sub ou under that, then I pointed the plugin search base to corpusers, the problem is that the default container "users" is not an OU, and the default AD enviroment is flat. Once I organized the AD to use a hierarchical structure, the users searches were much faster.

The other method is to go in to each server the plugin was installed and change the registry entry for the search base. ( installing the plugin is much easier)

Keep in mind if you change the admin password you installed the plugin with, you must reinstall the plugin using the new admin password to fix the AD integration.

Hope this helps.

Todd

Community Member

Thank you for your quick and helpful response. This did fix my problem and I am going to the hierarchel structure. Again thank you and if I can be of assistance let me know.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content