Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Active Directory Plug-in/IIS Problems After Upgrade

I applied the following updates to a call manager system (4 CM in a cluster).

win-os-upgrade.2000-2-3, win-os-upgrade.2000-2-3spG, and ciscocm.3-2-2c-spG. Prior to the upgrade I was running 3.2.2c and AD was working fine for ccmuser and corporate directory. Afterwards Everything runs fine for about an hour then I get an error on my phone when accessing corporate directory "An Error occurred and was logged. (undefined)" and when we access ccmuser I get this error "You could not be authenticated successfully. Please try again. (Reason: Connection to the LDAP server failed, see result code)" If I restart IIs it fixes it for about an hour then it happens again. Restartign IIS every hour or so isn't a good work-around.

6 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: Active Directory Plug-in/IIS Problems After Upgrade

I have also seen this problem under similar circumstances. I tried applying the AD Directory Intergration utility again and it seems to have gone away.

Community Member

I thought of re-installing the AD plug-in, but TAC thinks it may be related to bug CSCdz40113 and said it won't do any good. I think I'd have to reboot the server in order to reinstall the plug-in which I'd rather not do unless I have relatively high confidence that it will fix the problem. The reason I don't want to start rebooting the call managers is because it'll take a couple minutes for the phones to re-home and that upsets my customers.

Community Member

Im getting the same thing. I reinstalled the plugin and it still is not working... Does any one have any ideas on this??

Community Member

Here is the BUG I got from TAC CSCdz56517

Im going to install the patch tonight. I will let every one know if it fixed the issue.

Community Member

Please let me know how it goes and if it introduces any other issues. Thanks!

John

Community Member

Hi,

Even I got the same problem. We tried some work around, but it dosen't help. Any one can try this and let us know

Stop IIS service, run the following script

C:\program file\cisco\bin\xmltemp\installxml.vbs

(Make sure you are able to connect the database(ODBC) through "sa" login.)

Then start IIS service.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content