Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Active Directory Search Issues

Hi,

I configured Active Dirctory for callmanager3.1(2c). 1. In AD, I can't see the users which were there in the DC Directory.

2. I created new users in Active Directory. I can do "USer Login" using these Users. But when I do User search in CallManager, I can't see any users.

Can somebody help me.

Regards..

4 REPLIES

Re: Active Directory Search Issues

What was the search base you specified when you

installed the CM AD plug-in. I had the same problems and was able to get it working by re-installing the

plug-in and confirming the search base was set to

the OU that all the users were in.

Maybe someone else out there can confirm something related to this for me.

Can I get the CM plugin to search multiple OU's in the AD or maybe a hierarchy of OU's ?

HI,

In the search base I specified the same OU which is there in the AD.

In fact I created a new OU in AD named Cisco and the same OU was mentioned in the search base during active directory plugin installation.

Answer to your question regarding support to multiple OUs , see at previous conversation with Title : Active Directory Questions, dated 5th Feb. In this it has been mentioned that Cisco supports only one OU.

Bronze

Just to clarify - we do support multiple OU's, just not multiple top-level OU's.

When you specify a OU in the plugin, the plugin will search any sub-OU of that OU.

So, as long as the OU you specify is at the top of the hierarchy, it will work.

-Dustin

The users that you created from Active Directory are also not visible from CCMAdmin page? If so ,

This happens because email is not mandatory user attribute in Active Directory but from Call Manager perspective this is required attribute.

When you create new User from Active Directory, make sure to populate the email field.

Views
Helpful
Replies