Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ActiveAssistant

I have a site where half of the users have Unity accounts on the domain. However they are on a different network.They do not log onto the domain their Unity is in. They can ping the Unity server but are unable to log onto the AA. If I log on as their NT domain account at a machine that is a part of the Unity domain, then I am able to access the AA .My guess is it is a Challenge and Response issue. Can you give me a way around this.<br><br>

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: ActiveAssistant

The easiest way to handle this is to have the browsers in question set to prompt for login… I suspect they are set to automatic login attempt using the current user’s loging name/PW. I attached to Active Voice’s AA site from my test machines which are their own domains that are not (shockingly enough) trusted by the main domain used at AV. I have my browser set to “Prompt for User Name and Password” and it works OK… you have to log in every time you connect, but other than that it’s fine.

On one of the workstations having trouble, go to their IE (I’m assuming 5.0 or later here) and go to Tools | Internet options. Pick the security tab and hit the “custom” button at the bottom. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the security settings scroll box until you see “User Authentication”. Select the radio button for “Prompt for User Name and Password”. That should fix you up no matter where in the network you’re attaching from… as long as you can see the Unity server you should be able to log into your AA/SA site so long as you can provide a login/pw pair recognized in our domain that’s associated with an Exchange account that’s a subscriber with a COS that allows it.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.