Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AD-120

I am installing an AD-120 the install has been smooth enough until it installs the ActiveFax the install gives me an error which states "Fax did not install properly. Result code=-12" and refrences a log in the file c:\temp\FaxServerSetup.log. After that it askes me to reboot and when I do it gives an error indicating a service failed to load with a logon failure. I am not sure what is not logging on I have been given an account that has permisions on the exchange containers, has admin rights on the network and is in a local group with admin rights on the local computer. This account is what I used to install the rest of the NEAXMail (Unity). When I reinstalled the Fax from the third CDs Fax setup I got an error "Fax did not install properly. Result code=-3". I can not seem to get past the errors nor find anything to tell me what the result codes that I am seeing mean. <br>Any help greatly appreciated.<br>Tony Duval<br>Systems Engineer<br>Special Order Systems<br><br><br>Anthony Duval<br>Systems Engineer <br>Special Order Systems<br>aduval@team-sos.com<br>

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: AD-120

Yes... the Interstar error codes are less than helpfull. I can't tell you what -3 or -12 mean exactly, but I can make a pretty good guess as to what the problem is.

Interstar has had long standing problems with installing the gateway for their fax server into Exchnage using any other account other than the one that actually installed Exchnage. I know it doesn't make any sense, but that's been the case... sometimes if you're using an account that has every permission under the sun, the gateway STILL chokes going in and you'll get that login error on the LFExGateway service. The really annoying part is that it's not consistent. Sometimes you get away with it, sometimes you don't. But if you use THE account that installed Exchange, I've never seen it fail.

If you can, uninstall LightningFax entirely (in the add/remove programs app, remove every LFxxx item in there) and try installing LightningFax manually using the account that installed Exchnage.

Unity 2.4.5 (which NEC has not yet released to production) comes with a newer version of LightningFax that does, indeed, solve this problem for good. We kicked it pretty hard in the lab and the gateway install worked in all cases if the account being used had the proper permission.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Anonymous
N/A

I installed Exchange on the AD-120 using the account that was given to me from the admin on site, however it is part of an existing site that was installed with a different account than the one I was given and I notice the exchange services use the older account to start rather than the one I was given. If I understand your reply I need to use the account that installed Exchange and established the Site. Is that correct?
Thanks
Tony Duval
Systems Engineer
Special Order Systems

Anthony Duval
Systems Engineer
Special Order Systems
aduval@team-sos.com

Anonymous
N/A

yes, that's your best bet if they let you use it.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content