Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

AD 2003, moving OU's effect on Unity

Hello

My customer is running 4.0.3 off box Exchange 2003, AD 2003 off box, CCM 3.3.3. This question revolves around the softphone and a user look up, and whether the changes he wants to make in AD will affect Unity I'll paste in the information I have.

now that our Cisco software phone program is working we have had a request to alter our AD setup so the LDAP path statement in the Software phone can search for users easier, basically I want to create a OU just below our domain (blah.blah.blah.com) and move all of our Geographic OU’s (ON1, ON2, MN1) into it, this will allow the path statement to point to this one OU and be able to view all Geographic OU’s thus allowing for easier searching. My question is by moving Geographic OU’s around (which contain user objects) will this have any effect on the UNITY system, or will it automatically update any information it requires when querying our AD?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES
Gold

Re: AD 2003, moving OU's effect on Unity

The actual moving of the objects will have no impact on Unity but permissions could be an issue depending on how they were first setup. If you set the permissions for the Unity directory service account at the domain level than things will be fine. If you set them at a lower level OU such as Users than you will want to re-run the permissions wizard.

Thanks,

Keith

Re: AD 2003, moving OU's effect on Unity

Keith,

I set the permissions for the directory service account at the domain level. We'll make this change next week and I'll follow up and let you know how we made out.

Thanks for such a quick reply.

Doug

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content