Views
Helpful
Replies

AD & Corporate Directory

fmarotta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there a way I can hide users from showing on the corporate directory when Integrating with Active Directory?

Thanks

Frank

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kthorngr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try populating the Description field of the particular user with "CiscoPrivateUser".

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

kthorngr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try populating the Description field of the particular user with "CiscoPrivateUser".

Thanks that worked like a champ.

What about if you are not integrating Active Directory?

The change is identical, but applying it may be a slight pain. I'm not sure if there's a way to do it using the DC Directory Admin application (I don't use it very often), but there's a way to do it from a command line.

Make a file, say, update.txt with the following contents:

dn: cn=TheUsernameInQuestion, ou=users, o=cisco.com

changeType: modify

replace: Description

Description: CiscoPrivateUser

Then, run the following from the command line on the CallManager:

ldapmodify -h -p 8404 -D "cn=Directory Manager,o=cisco.com" -w -c -f update.txt

In a default installation of DC Directory, the DCDAdmin password is "ciscocisco".

Hi,

I have no AD, but i have an entry : Framework-CTI which i want to hide in the corporate directory. In the global dir in CCM i can't find this entry. So i change the entry of Description to CiscoPrivateUser with the DCDirAdmin.

I havn't success with this entry. Any help ??

Martin

Are you saying that the CTI-Framework user is showing up when you query users from an IP phone?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: