Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Ad integration , CRS and Callmanager

Is my understanding correct that CRS and Callmanager integrate with AD independently? Or does the Callmanager integration has to be done first before doing the CRS integration with AD ?

How does device association work with AD integration ? If i want to add a 100 phones with BAT , i usually put the phones-users together and upload them to the CM database. But if i am doing an AD integration, I want the users to be pulled from AD. So do i have to upload just the mac-addresses of the phones and then once the AD integration is over, manually associate the user to the phone or is there a automated procedure to get this done ?

THanks

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Ad integration , CRS and Callmanager

Silver

Re: Ad integration , CRS and Callmanager

There is a lot of stuff to sort through as with any API work but I think that the basic idea is to use glue scripting to push your changes to AD via ldap and to CCM simultanously via AXL. I think that CCM is limited to the global directory in terms of what AD data it pulls directly via the integration.

Hope this helps. The dev guide can be found here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_programming_usage_guide_chapter09186a00806ea5cf.html

The *.xsd files located in C:\CiscoWebs\API\ on your callmanager will have the gory details about all of the API calls available.

Views
Helpful
Replies