cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AD integration with CallManager

apoulatov
Level 1
Level 1

We have an AD integration with CallManager where the it points to the root of the domain since we have several OUs and Containers with users in it. We also have a GalSync folder with thousands of contacts at the root, so whenever we do a query on the corporate directory it shows those contacts as well. Is there way to filter LDAP query to where it only looks at the user objects but not contacts? Thanks.

3 Replies 3

csco10038215
Level 1
Level 1

I'm am not aware of any LDAP filters. HOWEVER, If you blank out the first name field (i.e. empty), it will prevent the object from appearing in the list. Otherwise, You should modify your AD structure and search scope to something other than the root.

apoulatov
Level 1
Level 1

Maybe it's possible to specify several OUs and Containers inside "User Search Base" of Cisco Customer Directory Plug-In, that way it'll just look in the specified OUs and nowhere else. I was just wondering if anyone has done it this way and if it works. Thanks.

Another option to hide users is to set a user description to CiscoPrivateUser to hide the user from the Cisco CallManager user administrator, and directories function on the phone. If you're AD integrated already, you can use the ADUC or ADSIedit to update the Description field of the user object(s).

Rate my post if its beneficial.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: