cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AD integration with separate telephony number field.

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Client is running CM 4.13. Right now directory is DCD. Want to move to AD. They already use the Telephone number field (in AD under each user) to store 10 digit numbers today. This information is pulled by several intranet websites so they dont want to use the same field to store their internal extensions (7 digits). Is there a way to tell Callmanager to use a different field (customer field like HOme phone or Work phone etc)

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus
6 Replies 6

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Sankar,

CSCdu11023

Make the telephone number field configurable

Unfortunately this is a hard coded field and can not be changed in current Callmanager releases.

This issue is being addressed as part of the CCM 5.0 directory infrastructure changes and will not be addressed in any earlier releases of CCM.

You'd have to develop your own xml application to query this information and post it to the phone.

HTH

//G

Gonz,

WHere can I find an XML template or code snippet that tells you how to query a different field and display that on the phone ? I am sure its not just me who is encountering this problem ? Are there Cisco technology partners that may be able to help in developing an XML app ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

shanky,

we are looking for the exact same thing. did you find anything?

erik

Check this out:

I had the same problem so instead of wasting a week of my time in the lab trying to play with the SDK and all that jazz.. we opted for the Citrix Application Gateway. It can suck out any LDAP field in AD, then spit it out to the IP phones in it's "express directory"

Works like a charm. And I didnt even have to do anything to AD.

danielguzman78
Level 1
Level 1

We are running into the same thing. I've found documentation on how to do it in CM 5.0, seems pretty easy there.

Would think there's a config file or AD query somewhere where you can simply change the telephoneNumber field to something else.

Did you find a fix for this?

edit:

just now read the replies, i'll ask about the citrix app gateway and it's express directory. that or maybe consider building a custom xml service.